Preparing for the Interview

Be prepared to answer:
What are your values, goals, weaknesses?
What don't you like to do?
What work environment do you NOT like?
What's your passion for life and career?
Describe yourself.

Before the interview:
Take deep breaths
Remember they want to find the right person, they want you to do well
Listen, eye contact, sit up straight, enthusiasm, confidence (sound authoritative)

The interview:
3 types
-Behavior-specific skills (ex: tell me about the time..)
-Case-specific problems (ex: here a business case for you to work through..)
-Stress
(more than one interviewer firing questions, i.e. let's see how you do under stress)

The company:
Where do you see the co in the next 5 years?
How would you describe the atmosphere here? (formal or informal, etc)

The position:
Reason last person left? How long was she in that position?
What did you like about the last person in this position?
how many times has it turned over in the last 5 years? (if a lot, ask why)
who do I report to? Who would work under me?
What are my responsibilities?
Describe a typical day.
Do you have a written job description (get a copy)
What is the potential for promotion?
What is the greatest challenge I will face?
What problems might I face in the job?
How would you describe your management style?
When do you expect to make a decision?
Can I take a tour of the facilities?

Benefits:
Health benefits booklet?
holidays and vacations?

"Thank you for meeting with me."